The Third Angle Institute provides powerful ways to learn while doing and transforms the way clients see and do business. The Third Angle philosophy and approach empower you to build growth, innovation, collaboration and intrapreneurship capabilities while working on real projects and achieving valuable results. The Institute provides access to a variety of customizable learning vehicles, business and executive coaching, tools and subject matter experts from multiple domains with the aim of helping clients learn to grow through the power within.
The Third Angle Institute emphasizes learning and discovery with direct value creation for your business and the work you do in it. We design goal and problem-based learning with the means to apply what’s learned across situations. This is in contrast to generic, content-based teaching that does not transfer. Learning must be profitable and purposeful to connect with its audience and context, and to add real value. The Institute is powered by Third Angle’s international bench of seasoned executives, learning scientists, subject matter experts and researchers. It’s the client, along with their growth challenges and opportunities, that remains at the center of our work. The Third Angle Institute offers:
CUSTOMIZABLE LEARNING PROGRAMS
1 – Custom workshops
We tailor and combine deep technical knowledge with the best of what is known about changing mindsets, skill sets, systems, and achieving creative breakthroughs. Examples of custom workshops:
- Making Sense of Big and Little Data
- Turning Complexity into Competitive Advantage
- Whole Brain Innovators & Intrapreneurs: Integrating Economic & Human Value
- Consistently Winning with Innovations
- Building Bridges: Facilitating Knowledge Transfer & Next Phase of Life Post-Retirement
2 – Master Classes and Key Notes
We offer specific talks and interactive sessions with deep dives into specific areas:
- Tapping & Motivating the Power Within
- Fast Learning in Complex Environments
- The Arrogance of Certainty
- Getting into the Flows of Patients and Customers
- Understanding Your Patterns of Profitability
3 – Executive Learning Programs & Curricula (ELPs)
We co-design programs for your company’s business and learning needs alongside you, taking into account your unique context and needs. We take a best-of-the-best approach by offering a more customizable set of options than you’ll find through a traditional executive education, and we make learning actionable and value-producing. We tap domain expertise from around the globe as well as executives with experience who are excellent at teaching and facilitating. We also leverage the internal expertise and leadership of client companies, as well as the voices of their employees to paint a complete picture.
COACHING & ADVISING
1 – Project Partners
We help executives with collaboration, innovating from within, leading change, successful internal entrepreneurship, developing strategies and teams, and stewarding implementation and adoption of innovation.
2 – Leadership Effectiveness Coaching
Through experience and certification, we work with leaders individually to be more effective in specific areas, as well as in more general leadership competencies and self-care. This includes collaboration, emotional intelligence, and clarity of goals.
3 – Personal Coaching
We coach individuals in transition, planning for their future in work or in “retirement,” improving professional and leadership excellence, and improving health, well-being, and “mindful” ways of being.
TRANSLATED APPLICATION OF SCIENCE
1 – Transformation of Science to Practical Applications, Mindset and Behavioral Change
Through publications, coaching, workshops, advice, and experimental designs, we provide models, frameworks and tools, and design applications rooted in an array of scientific theories and research. We draw on these resources to determine and execute problems in new ways, and to encourage sustainable new thinking and behaviors. For example, we apply complexity science, cognitive science, data science, and biology to inform the design of adherence to new, safer practices for patients.
2 – Subject Matter Expertise Across Domains
Third Angle sustains a network of subject matter experts across the globe who teach and advise on specific matters as part of a broader learning or research engagement. We match the experts who best suit our clients’ needs. For example:
- Experts in Biochemistry and Physics— Informing energy businesses on new technologies and ways of understanding their space for breakthroughs through short presentations and panel discussions
- Leaders from Major Government Regulation Agencies—Informing pharma on innovation needs through innovation sessions and shared model development
- Experts in Reputation Management—Informing boards and businesses on how to actively protect the reputational assets of their companies by providing a friendly critique of ideas and explaining the “whys” behind what works and what doesn’t
We offer licensed Third Angle games, assessments, methods and tools for use and adaptation under licensing agreements. Train-the-trainer sessions are also available for select tools.